Of Counsel to Gaines, Novick, Ponzini, Cossu & Venditti, LLP
- Fordham University, J.D., 1973
- University of Massachusetts, B.A., 1970
- New York and U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2003
Andrew Rubin is a graduate of University of Massachusetts and received his law degree from Fordham University. He served in the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office from 1973 – 1988, prosecuted white-collar crime in the Frauds Bureau and was the Bureau Chief of the Career Criminal Trial Bureau. As a prosecutor, he investigated and tried many criminal cases including murders, robberies, rapes and serious drug felonies. In private practice since 1988, he has represented well over a thousand clients in all types of criminal cases ranging from simple criminal and traffic offenses in local town and village courts to murder and other serious felonies, including white-collar crimes, in both state and federal courts.
Although based in White Plains, Mr. Rubin represents clients in all village, town, and city courts in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland County, as well as County and Supreme Court and Federal Court, in the Southern District of New York, both in White Plains and New York City. In addition to his criminal practice, Mr. Rubin has lectured about criminal law at Pace Law School CLE and to various Bar Associations.
Mr. Rubin has been recognized for his outstanding legal work with the highest (AV) peer review rating in Martindale-Hubbell. The “A” rating recognizes preeminent legal ability and professionalism, while the “V” rating recognizes “very high” ethical standards. He has also been recognized among the best criminal attorneys in the New York metro area and Westchester County in New York Magazine, The New York Times and Westchester Magazine.
Peer Review Rating: AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Chairman, Criminal Justice Section, 1992–1993
- New York State Bar Associations
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Born: New York, NY, September 9, 1948
- Selected, New York Super Lawyers - Metro Edition, 2008
- Lecturer, Criminal Law, Pace Law School CLE
- Assistant District Attorney, Westchester County District Attorney's Office, 1973–1988
- Bureau Chief, Career Criminal Trial Bureau
- Selected as one of the Best Criminal Lawyers in Westchester County by Westchester Magazine and New York Magazine
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in America
Andrew A. Rubin Attorney at Law serves clients throughout Westchester County, Rockland County, Putnam County, the Bronx, & Manhattan, New York, including communities such as White Plains, Harrison, Hartsdale, New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Peekskill, Ossining, Tarrytown, Yonkers, and Yorktown Heights.